Skip to main content

Notice of Non-discrimination

Notice Informing Individuals About Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Requirements and Nondiscrimination Statement: Discrimination is Against the Law

Wayside House Inc. DBA Wayside Recovery Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Wayside Recovery Center does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.

Wayside Recovery Center:

  • Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
    • Qualified sign language interpreters
    • Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
  • Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
    • Qualified interpreters
    • Information written in other languages

If you need these services, contact Wayside’s Intake Team at 651-242-5540.

If you believe that Wayside Recovery Center has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex you can file a grievance with the Senior Director/Directors of Wayside Recovery Center’s services:

Nway Linn, MS, LPCC, LADC
Senior Director of Outpatient Services

Carrie Salsness, LADC
Senior Director of Women’s and Family Treatment Services
W: 952-405-7643 F: 952-345-8740

Andrea Roland, MA, LPCC
Director of Mental Health Services
W: 651-242-5547 F: 952-345-8752

You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, any of the Senior Directors are available to help you.

You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at, or by mail or phone at:

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)

Complaint forms are available at

Other agencies to which complaints can be made:

Department of Human Services, Licensing Division
PO Box 64242

St. Paul, MN 55164-0242
W: 651-431-6500 F: 651-431-7673

TTY users can call through Minnesota Relay Service at (800) 627-3529

For Speech-to-Speech, call (877) 627-3848.

Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
PO Box 64977

St. Paul, MN 55164-0977
W: 651-431-2460 F: 651-431-7449

Chemical and Mental Health Services Administration, Assistant Commissioner’s Office
PO Box 64988; St. Paul, MN 55164-0988
W: 651-431-2367 F: 651-431-7455

Disability Services Division
PO Box 64967

St. Paul, MN 55164-0967
P: 651-431-2400 F: 651-431-7412
Disability Linkage Line: 866-333-2466
Disability Services Division Resource Center: 888-968-8463 or 651-431-2450.

Office of the Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities

121 7th Place East, Suite 420

Metro Square Building, St. Paul, MN 55101

P: 651-757-1800 and 800-657-3506

Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 210Minneapolis, MN 55414
P: 612-548-2177 F: 612-617-2187
MN Relay 1-800-627-3529

Office of Health Facility Complaints (OHFC)

P.O. Box 64970
St. Paul, MN 55164-0970

P: 651-201-4201 and 1-800-369-7994 F: 651-281-9796

TDD: 651-201-5797